About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, wine-loving Cellar Door Assistant & Wine Ambassador for an immediate start. The successful applicant will be offered a full-time position with a minimum of 30 hours per week, with the opportunity for additional hours during peak times and events. The purpose of the role is to provide our guests with an exceptional wine-tasting experience.
• Maximise visits to the Batch Winery Cellar Door and ensure all visitors receive a premium experience executed with a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail;
• Act as a brand ambassador, hosting tastings with a high degree of professionalism, displaying superior wine, brand and regional knowledge;
• Assist the restaurant team with wine service, wine pairings and recommendations;
• Assist with the tasting room operations including opening and closing procedures, cash management, bookings, stock management and ensuring a high standard of presentation and hygiene are being adhered to;
• Assist with preparation, packing and dispatching of national and international orders;
• Assist with tour groups in our state-of-the-art winery and vineyard;
As our cellar door is a 7-day operation, there will be a requirement to work weekends and public holidays. We would prefer someone that is flexible, a true team member with demonstrable wine knowledge and previous industry experience. Although full training can be provided. WSET, CMS and any other wine certifications will be advantageous.
In return, the successful applicant will receive a very good remuneration package with bonus, tips, staff discounts in our restaurant and cellar door, and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team with both international and national experience. Accommodation can be arranged for the right candidate.
To be considered, applicants must have the right to work legally in New Zealand.
If you are passionate about wine, food and people and want to work with us, email your cv to Al at email@example.com
About the Company
We have the highest vineyards on the island offering great wines, exquisite food and amazing views to match. Our menu offers carefully created dishes made from fresh, healthy and local ingredients. At our gravity-fed winery we focus on making Chardonnay, Syrah, Bordeaux blends and we are the only Sparkling wine growers and producers on the island.